Welcome to Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics,CAS!
Home Chinese
 
Director's Message
Overview
History
Academicians
Distinguished Young Scholars Recipients
100 Talents Program Recipients
Executive Board
Graduate Education
Services & Supports
Visit Us
Contact Us
The Brief History of DICP
      Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics,Chinese Academy of Sciences was established on March 19,1949.Its original name was the Scientific Research Institute(SRI) of Dalian University. In 1950, SRI was re-named the Dalian Branch Institute (DBI) of the Northeastern Scientific Research Institute.

      In 1952,DBI was merged into the Chinese Academy of Sciences(CAS), and was named the Institute of Industrial Chemistry(IIC), CAS.

      In 1954, reorganization was undertaken to meet the plans of CAS and the institute undertook research mainly in the chemistry and engineering of petroleum processing. The institute was renamed the Institute of Petroleum(IOP),CAS.

      In 1962,the institute was again re-structured as a comprehensive and multidisciplinary institute devoted to both basic and applied research,which is the present Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics(DICP), CAS.

      Since 1949,the directors of the institute have included the following scientists and educators: Qu Bochuan, Dong Chen, Zhang Dayu,Gu Yijian, Lou Nanquan, Zhang Cunhao, YuanQuan, YangBailing, Deng Maicun and Bao Xinhe. The present director is Zhang Tao Professor .